Thursday, July 26, 2012

First Pictures!

Hello fellow teachers!

Today I've decided to post my first (of hopefully many) pictures. The bulletin board that I've chosen for you is my rather large Drive In Movie Theater.  Basically I took a love that I had (drive in movies) and my passion for teaching, plus my strong desire for students to understand grammar and produced this.


The first picture, obviously, is the entire thing. Yes it's large but it can absolutely be scaled down!

The second picture is just a tiny part of the idea. It's popcorn coming out of a 3D popcorn box.

Of course, this wasn't all me, I had a ton of help! Yay team efforts! Basically what we did was create the movie screen and then added tons of words and a few numbers. Each of the numbers represent something that had no identification.... so think along the lines of punctuation, interjections, things like that. All the other easily identifiable objects (such as the popcorn, music notes, clouds, and movie tickets) relate to either nouns, verbs, adjectives, and so on. The lovely popcorn words are all adjectives. The point is for the kids to fill out a piece of paper stating what each part of the movie screen represents. I think interactive bulletin boards are the best...They keep kids entertained and interested in what you're doing as their teacher. Plus it's a "game" and they're learning through the process. It's pretty win-win if you ask me! 

Keep teaching!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment